- CSV file saved in a UTF-8 format. If you're using Microsoft Excel, In the Save As dialog box, select CSV UTF-8 (comma delimited).
- The first row must contain your column headers (i.e. Name, Email, Title, Company, Icebreaker, etc). Column headers will be mapped to data field properties in your Leadfwd Contact database.
- You can have as many columns / custom data field properties as you would like.
- You can continue to update your Contact database with new Contacts at anytime by uploading additional CSV files.
- Each time you import a CSV file to your Contacts database to either create new records or updating existing Contacts, a Contact Segment will be automatically created that represents the specific contacts created/updated by your CSV. This makes it seamless to target or engage specific contacts based on when they were imported. The Segment will be named after your CSV file.
- The Lead Source that is attributed to Contacts imported from a CSV will also be the name of the CSV file. This value can be filtered in the Contact Manager and also measured individually for performance using our Analytics and Insights. Giving you quick access to view how a particular set of contacts is performing in your outreach program.
1. Create your Spreadsheet and Export it to a CSV
2. Navigate to Contacts in Leadfwd and click Add Contacts
3. Choose Importing the records from a file on my computer
4. Select your file from your local storage (browse your computer or device) and click Import
5. Create any additional data field properties to support each of the columns in your CSV (if they do not already exist in Leadfwd)
Leadfwd includes a wide range of default data field properties for Contacts, but you can extend these fields with custom properties (text, date or number fields). Simply enter a name in the text field at the top (labeled Field Name:) select a Field Type and click Save.
6. Map CSV Columns to Data Fields in Leadfwd
The last task is to match each column/data header in your CSV with a data field in Leadfwd. Simply select the correct data field in the right column that matches the source column from the CSV (left column).
Once you're finished mapping fields click Next. You've now completed the upload process. Please note that depending on the amount of data this process of finishing the complete upload can vary from 1 minute to 60 minutes.