Common Automation Use Cases for SugarCRM
- Enroll New Targets or Leads into Sequences
- Enroll Targets, Leads or Contacts into Sequences after an outbound phone call
- End a Sequence (any or all) when an outbound phone call is successful
- End a Sequence and/or Enroll into Sequence when a data field value changes
- Schedule an outbound call when a positive (sentiment) reply is detected
- Schedule an outbound call when a prospect lead score reaches a certain threshold
- Change record ownership based on a positive (sentiment) reply or lead score threshold
Leadfwd Automation helps maximize your teams productivity by automatically handling repetitive tasks that would otherwise be done manually or not at all. Automation tracks are rule-based and trigger when certain condition criteria is met. Using Automation in tandem with your personalized sales sequences enables your team to focus their energy on selling and not on repetitive tasks.
Automation for Sugar Engage offers specific conditions and actions that are built-around native data modules in SugarCRM. These Sugar-centric conditions can be used to trigger Sequence enrollments or can be coupled together with Sugar-centric actions, such as scheduling calls or creating tasks.
Automation Conditions for SugarCRM
- Custom data fields (Targets, Leads, Contacts or Accounts)
- Target Lists
Automation Actions for SugarCRM
- Update custom data field (Targets, Leads, Contacts or Accounts)
- Custom Alert (Email or SMS) for Assigned Record Owner in SugarCRM
- Convert record (Target to Lead) or (Lead to Contact)
- Schedule a Call
- Create an Opportunity
- Create a Task
- Add or remove person from a Target List
- Assign a different record owner in SugarCRM (Specific user or Round-robin)
Create a new automation trigger
To begin, simply name your Automation and select a data source to target (example: SugarCRM Leads, SugarCRM Contacts, etc.). You can get more granular by selecting a segment to target, which will leverage Target Lists that you have synchronized and enabled in the Target List Manager.
The Automation conditions will only consider records contained in your target source.
Sync activity to a CRM campaign
Optionally sync and add people that are matched (via conditions) by your Automation logic to a SugarCRM Campaign and related Target List.
Add a condition
Every Automation trigger begins with a condition that must be met to enroll a person and ultimately trigger an action. In the example above we have selected a condition for 'Data fields' which will enable us to match a condition based on a specific value (or no value at all) contained in a custom data field.
This example is building a trigger that enrolls leads that are newly created in the CRM. We are choosing to build the condition around the 'Date created' value from the CRM and since we only want to target 'new' leads, we are only going to include leads created after today (which is September 20, 2021).
Conditions can be combined with AND/OR options to determine if any of your conditions must be matched or if any condition matching will qualify a person for the Automation.
Expert tip! The date format for any condition will be matched against your database/list setting. You can access it by navigating to Accounts & Contacts > Selecting your list > Manage fields
Add a delay
In between matching your condition(s) and triggering your follow up action are timed delays (wait connectors). These timed delays can be as minimal as 1 minute or multiple days.
Trigger an action
Immediately following your timed delay (wait connector), people will then be moved to the action step. In the example above we are enrolling our lead into an 'Inbound' focused Sequence that's named 'Goal to book a call'.
Actions can be combined as well, to create clusters of trigger events. An example could be to first assign a record to a CRM owner (specific user or a round-robin configuration), updating a status to 'Working' in a CRM data field and then enrolling the lead in a Sequence.
Once you complete your Automation build, select the Save and Finish option, to finish the timeline of events.
To activate your Automation, simply toggle the 'OFF' switch to 'ON'.