Get real-time alerts in Slack when leads or contacts show buying signals.
With our custom Slack Connector, sales teams can stay informed on their contacts’ behaviour, providing up-to-date information that allows sales reps to respond immediately when customers take relevant actions, such as replying to an email or visiting a website. Leadfwd offers comprehensive insights for sales reps to use in order to better handle potential leads and maximize the effectiveness of their sales processes.
- Leadfwd's Slack Connector uses webhooks to instantly transmit data from Leadfwd to Slack.
- Webhook events can be triggered using Sequences or an Automated Workflow.
- Account owners will need to point, click and create a no-code 'Slack app' to process the webhook events and determine which channel(s) alerts will be sent.
The first step in the process is to quickly create a Slack app to handle the alert processing from Leadfwd. It's an incredibly simple process that takes just a few steps and is completely guided by Slack.
- Navigate to https://api.slack.com/messaging/webhooks
- Login as an Administrator for your Slack Organization
- Click 'Create your Slack app' or navigate directly to https://api.slack.com/apps/new
Select to create your app From scratch
Name your app and select your Orgs Slack Workspace, then click Create App
From 'Add features and functionality' select Incoming Webhooks
Activate Incoming Webhooks, Select the Channel to Post Notifications and Copy Webhook URL.
Login to Leadfwd and Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Webhooks
Select Outbound Connectors
Click on Create Connector from the bottom of the view
Name the new Webhook, Paste the Webhook URL from the Slack App, Click Test Connector, Verify the Test Result and then Click Save Connector.
After clicking 'Test Connector' you should immediately get notified of the alert in the Slack Channel selected in your Slack App. The test result is simply a random selection of a contact from your database.
If there are additional data parameters that you would like to include, you can select any additional custom data field properties from the webhook configuration (shown above) under Data fields to POST.
Email Reply notifications will be appended to include the full reply data as well. That may not be shown in your test, depending on the record that the system randomly selected.
Create an Alert Policy that triggers to Slack
There are two types of automated alert and notification policies that can be triggered to a Slack Channel:
- Sequence Alerts
- Automated Workflow / Webhook Action
Sequence Alerts are configured uniquely for an individual Sequence, but any number of Sequences can trigger alerts to the same webhook connector (i.e. Slack). Learn more about Sequence Alerts
From a Sequence, navigate to Alerts and select Create a new alert
The most common use case is to alert a Slack Channel when a prospect responds to a Sequence email. But you can also trigger alerts when an SMS response is receive, a task is scheduled or a task is completed.
Automation enables you to build highly targeted conditions, which when met, will trigger an alert to Slack. Some popular examples of conditions that could trigger an alert to your team in Slack:
- Email click-through on a specific link
- Website view (any page or duration)
- Website view (priority page, like pricing)
- Lead score change that exceeds a specific value
- Profile change, such as Engagement status or Lead status
- Specific custom data field value change
- Email reply from ANY Sequence
Once you build your Condition blocks (IF this event happens or matches), you'll want to add an Action block (THEN, trigger this action). To trigger the Slack Notification, you'll want to select the Webhook action: