With the ability to reach customers quickly and conveniently, text messaging is an effective way to start conversations, nurture leads, and turn those conversations into sales. By leveraging the power of text messaging, B2B sales reps can make meaningful connections with potential customers and drive more successful sales results.
Why use Automated Workflow's for SMS?
Not every outbound text message will be a component of your sales teams efforts. There are numerous use cases for reaching prospects and customers alike using SMS.
- Larger bulk SMS Campaigns
- Automated Workflows can distribute 500 text messages in a matter of minutes.
- Existing Customer Outreach
- Renewals, Service Reminders, Follow Ups
- Internal Alerts and Reminders
- Alert your team when a specific event or activity is performed by a prospect
Add Text Message outreach to an Automation Workflow
- Navigate to Automated Workflows to create a new workflow
- Once you finish setting up your Condition, then click Add Action
- Select a wait connector to define a pause between the condition matching and your action triggering.
- From the library of actions, select Send SMS (this option will only appear once the Twilio Connector is enabled)
- Select a sending phone number (Available SMS-enabled Twilio phone numbers will display)
- If an SMS-enabled phone number is missing from the list, check the permissions for the user that created the Sequence and ensure they have access to the missing phone number in their user permissions (Settings / Team / Manage user)
- Select the data field property that contains a contacts mobile phone number
- Define your message body. You can utilize personalization from data field properties contained in your Contact database. These will personalization tokens will be automatically filled for each recipient.
- For compliance you must also include instructions for how a contact can opt-out of future messaging. It can be as simple as: If you would prefer we stick to email instead of text, just reply 'stop.'
- Click Add action
- If you're finished with your workflow and don't intend to add more actions at this time, click Finish and end.
Please sign in to leave a comment.