With the ability to reach customers quickly and conveniently, text messaging is an effective way to start conversations, nurture leads, and turn those conversations into sales. By leveraging the power of text messaging, B2B sales reps can make meaningful connections with potential customers and drive more successful sales results.
Add Text Message outreach to a Sequence
- Click Add Step
- Select Send SMS (this option will only appear once the Twilio Connector is enabled)
- Select a sending phone number (Available SMS-enabled Twilio phone numbers will display)
- If an SMS-enabled phone number is missing from the list, check the permissions for the user that created the Sequence and ensure they have access to the missing phone number in their user permissions (Settings / Team / Manage user)
- Select the data field property that contains a contacts mobile phone number
- The recipient/contact phone number should be in an E.164 format for optimal support, which includes the country code, area code and phone number.
- Define your message body. You can utilize personalization from data field properties contained in your Contact database. These will personalization tokens will be automatically filled for each recipient.
- For compliance you must also include instructions for how a contact can opt-out of future messaging. It can be as simple as: If you would prefer we stick to email instead of text, just reply 'stop.'
Configure your Sequence to End when a contact replies to an SMS
Much like an email response can end a Sequence, so too can a response via text message. Individual Sequences can be set up to automatically end a Sequence for a contact on-reply via SMS and this is managed through the Sequence configuration options:
Please sign in to leave a comment.