Ringless voicemails can accelerate your sales cycles by scaling your outreach, and empowering your sales team to focus more on qualified leads.
Ringless voicemail can be included as an action within an Automation workflow. When the RVM action is triggered a voicemail will be dropped to the contacts voicemail inbox.
- Leadfwd account and an appropriate access role.
- Recorded voicemail (acceptable formats: .m4a, .wav, or .mp3) uploaded in your Asset Manager
- Automation workflow with a Ringless Voicemail action
- Contacts with known direct-dial or mobile phone number imported in a Leadfwd list object.
Step 1. Import Contacts for a Sequence
Ringless voicemail (RVM) requires a direct dial or mobile phone number. It does work with landlines and VOIP solutions, as long as the voicemail inbox is provided directly by the carrier. RVM will not work with PBX systems that have direct extensions, auto-attendants, etc.
E164 Phone Number format
Phone numbers must be formatted for E164 standards.
Leadfwd will default to adding +1 as the country code, in which case your data import only needs to include the subscriber numbers without hyphens or any other type of separator. If you're reaching a different country, then you must include the country code in addition to the subscriber number, but don't include a + value, Leadfwd will add that.
In order to receive a RVM enrolled contacts must have a value in the phone number field that you selected as the source for the RVM action. By default Leadfwd includes two phone fields for Primary Phone and Mobile Phone. Phone number data can be mapped with the appropriate Leadfwd list field using a CSV file (as shown above) or through one of our CRM Connectors.
Missing Phone Number or Unsupported Carrier / Line
If a contact does not have a phone number or their phone number is not supported by RVM, the operation will simply fail and the contact will be permitted to move to the next step in the Sequence. If you do not wish to permit contacts to continue to the next Step, a workflow rule can be created to end their Sequence instead.
Step 2. Add Ringless voicemail to a workflow
- After you add your condition block select Add action
- From the action menu select Ringless Voicemail
- Select the data field that contains your contacts phone number
- Click Browse to access the Asset Library to select or upload a pre-recorded voicemail file, then Click Choose.
- Enter the Caller ID number that your voicemail will be displayed from. The phone number must be formatted for the E.164 standard. If you're in the USA and your phone number is 718-555-5555, then you would need to enter +17185555555. International user's would replace +1 with the country code for their specific phone number.
- Click Save and Finish or Add action to build more follow up actions
Please sign in to leave a comment.