Push data from your existing apps to Leadfwd using our no-code connector framework with Pabbly Connect.
Leadfwd leverages webhooks to deliver and sync contacts from over 1,000 apps within the Pabbly ecosystem. No coding is required to leverage Leadfwd <> Pabbly and the integrations can be setup seamlessly through your browser, just point and click.
Inbound Connectors (Push Contacts to Leadfwd and Sequences)
This article is going to specifically focus on Inbound Connectors, which process data sent via Pabbly using their API by Pabbly app and Leadfwd Webhooks.
Data imported to Leadfwd via Make (and your apps!) must be in the form of a new contact or to update an existing contact.
- Leadfwd Solo Plan or Higher
- Leadfwd Admin Access to manage Integrations and Connectors
- Integrations / Webhooks / Inbound Connectors
- Generate your Authorization Key + Secret
- Pabbly Connect account (free plan is fine!)
- Third-party app credentials (in our example we are connecting Hubspot to Leadfwd)
- Most Make apps use the Oauth token framework that requires a login to connect your app, like Hubspot, to Make. Other apps may require API keys or tokens. Consult the Pabbly app guide to figure out which you will need. Expect to need credentials as an Admin or Owner from your third-party app to successfully connect to Pabbly.
In this Article
- Create a new workflow in Pabbly
- Create an Inbound Connector in Leadfwd
- Configure your workflow
- Setup custom data field properties to sync (Pabbly --> Leadfwd)
- Basic Authentication (Auth Key + Auth Secret)
- Test your workflow
- Activate your workflow
Send New Contacts from HubSpot CRM to Leadfwd
For the purposes of this article we're going to demonstrate with a use case of pushing newly created HubSpot Contacts to Leadfwd, Enrolling the Contact in a Sequence and assigning a Tag to the Contact. With Pabbly you could also filter the new HubSpot contacts to only include records that also had specific data field properties, like a lead status, lead source or a specific owner.
Create a new Workflow in Pabbly
- Name your new Workflow
- Search and select your app
- Follow the instructions to connect your app (i.e. HubSpot) for the first time
Select a trigger event
For this article we are going to select 'New Contact Added' to automatically sync new people from HubSpot to Leadfwd.
Authorize and connect your app (i.e. HubSpot) to Pabbly
Select data field properties from your app (i.e. HubSpot) to sync to Leadfwd with your contact
Name and email address values are required for all contacts in Leadfwd.
Once you select your source data field properties, click Save & Send Test Request
Create an Inbound Connector in Leadfwd
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Webhooks and select Inbound Connectors and then click Create Connector
- Choose a Name that will easily translate to the connectors Purpose and Select your database (i.e. Contacts)
- Click Save Connector
- Click Inbound Connectors and Copy the Connector Endpoint URL
Select an action
From the library of available Pabbly action's, select API.
Configure the Pabbly API (no code!) action
- Action Event, choose POST
- Endpoint URL, paste from the Leadfwd Inbound Connector you created in the previous step
- Payload type, choose JSON
- Authentication, choose Basic Auth
- Setup data property parameter mapping
Action Event: Select POST
Add the Endpoint URL from the Inbound Connector that was created in Leadfwd Webhooks
Select Basic Auth for Authentication
Replace auth_key and auth_secret with the actual values from your Leadfwd account.
If you haven't already done so, you can generate your Auth Key and Secret by navigating to:
Settings > Integrations > Webhooks
Map the data properties that will sync from your app via Pabbly to Leadfwd data field properties
The label column value will contain the name of the custom data field from Leadfwd. This will essentially be the value and destination for data that data will sync to from Pabbly (and in our example, HubSpot).
For example, in Leadfwd we have a custom data field property for Name and Email. We begin below by adding 'name' in the Label column/row and then we select the data from HubSpot that we want to have Pabbly push to our name data field.
- "name" and "email" are custom data field properties in Leadfwd Contacts. You can browse your available data field properties and local the appropriate labels in Contacts > Options > Manage Fields
- "leadfwd_sequence_id" allows you define a Sequence ID to enroll a contact into that is pushed to Leadfwd via Pabbly.
- "leadfwd_tags" allows you to define a one or many tags, separated by commas to apply to the contact that is pushed to Leadfwd via Pabbly.
Click on the value input field and you will be presented with a list of data field properties from HubSpot that you to select from. The data field properties that you select will be mapped to the Leadfwd data field property based on what you entered in the 'Label' input field, for each Contact that is synchronized from HubSpot to Leadfwd.
You can hover over the last value row in your list and click the + icon to add more rows / data fields to map.
Testing your Workflow
Once your Scenario is completed you can validate that everything is working properly using the 'Save & Send Test Request' option.
In our example use case with HubSpot we are specifically monitoring for new contacts created, so we had to create a test record in HubSpot before executing the Test Request option.
Once you click Save & Send Test Request you will be presented with a near instant response from the Leadfwd webhook handler (as shown below). If everything is correct, you will see a 'Success!' value for Message.
Activate the Workflow
Once you validate that the scenario is working as expected, you can activate the workflow by turning it on.