The Leadfwd <> SugarCRM Connector is powered by the native API for SugarCRM and an installable module package developed by Leadfwd. This article details how Leadfwd integrates and extends SugarCRM.
Bi-Directional Syncing, Real-time Data Syncing and Scheduled Sync.
Leadfwd utilizes a bi-directional syncing method to transfer information to and from SugarCRM ensuring new and updated information can be created and synced to either Leadfwd or the CRM.
- Leadfwd syncs changes and new records in realtime by default, when our module package is installed and configured. Our realtime sync is powered by logic hooks that are deployed automatically in the CRM by our module. When records are modified on any enabled modules in Leadfwd, our module will post those changes to Leadfwd immediately after the save event.
- When a realtime POST is received from SugarCRM for a record modification, Leadfwd then requests a full update of the related record (based on Bean ID) using the native API.
- Leadfwd can also poll the CRM hourly for changes instead of utilizing the realtime sync functionality with logic hooks. This can be configured at anytime at the users discretion by navigating to Settings > Integrations > SugarCRM and enabling the Scheduled Sync option.
- Leadfwd utilizes an OAuth connection to sync data between both platforms. When setting up our Sugar Connector for the first time, all configuration will be done within Leadfwd before our module package is installed and configured within Sugar.
Supported modules, Field mapping, Calls, Tasks and One source of truth.
- Leadfwd currently supports and syncs with the Lead, Contact, Account, Targets, Calls, Tasks Opportunity, Target Lists and the User module objects for our Engage, Discover and Prospect products. Additionally, Leadfwd syncs to the Campaign object using Automation for Engage and Prospect.
- Our SugarCRM connector can sync both native and custom fields created in the CRM and related to any of the modules supported by our integration. Account owners can specify which fields sync to Leadfwd and which do not. Any field enabled for sync can be used as personalization tags for merging custom text attributes into emails sent by Engage Sequences.
- When Contacts, Accounts, Leads or Targets are enabled for sync, Leadfwd creates a local data object (list) for each individual module. Records from the CRM are replicated to the local data object (list) for use within Leadfwd.
- SugarCRM remains the 'one source of truth'. Field updates must originate from the CRM and only Automation actions in Leadfwd can modify a CRM data field.
- Note on Calls and Tasks: Leadfwd is designed as a Sales Engagement and Acceleration platform, our Task and Call sync is designed to create and schedule these objects in your CRM, but the tasks and calls will need to be fulfilled and updated from the CRM view. Task and Call records originating from Leadfwd will sync back to Leadfwd whenever they're updated in the CRM, for the purposes of tracking and reporting on execution in Sequence views and Sales Inbox.
- Tasks or Calls created independently in the CRM will sync into Leadfwd and they can be leveraged for Automation logic (example: End all Sequences for a contact if ANY Call is held).
- Leadfwd can sync Opportunity records for the purposes of relating opportunities and revenue generated to specific Sequences and outbound engagement.
Statuses and Data Hygiene
- Records flagged as 'invalid' will not sync with Leadfwd.
- Records flagged as 'opted-out' will not sync with Leadfwd.
- Records missing an email address will not sync with Leadfwd.
- Records with a duplicate email address, that already exists in Leadfwd, will not sync as new records.
- If a record opts-out in Leadfwd, that opt-out request can optional sync to the CRM.
- If a records email fails to deliver (hard bounce), that invalid status can sync to the CRM.
Relationships, User permissions and Record permissions
- Opportunities will be related to Sequences by following relationship breadcrumbs from Opportunity to Account to Contacts (enrolled into the Sequence).
- Leadfwd will automatically list Contacts related to an Account is selected for an Engage Sequence.
- Leadfwd will automatically list Contacts related to an Account that's assigned to an Opportunity, when the Opportunity is selected for an Engage Sequence.
- Leadfwd enables relationship data that originates from the Accounts module (as custom fields) to be stored at the Contact level (as custom fields), for the purposes of allowing seamless email personalization for Contacts using data that would otherwise be in the Accounts module. An example would be creating a segment based on Industry for a Sequence, where the target audience are Contacts of Accounts that belong to a specific Industry (industry designation existing in Accounts).
- Individual CRM user access to the module is controlled within Leadfwd. Access to specific views and tools of our module are entirely customizable by user.
- Data access within Leadfwd can be limited to only records that a CRM user owns (assigned to). This includes restricted access to not enroll records into Sequences, without ownership of the record.
- Users can be denied access entirely to Leadfwd or restricted to access to the Timeline history view inside individual records within the CRM.
Logging and auditing
Leadfwd provides Account owners with a detailed audit log to track both errors and notices related to data transactions between Leadfwd and SugarCRM. The platform log provides historical tracking (up to 90 days) for API transactions for all enabled modules in addition to user access.
The platform log is very helpful for troubleshooting and validating data exchanges. The logs include detailed entries for:
- Write errors or request errors.
- Full API transcripts with requests and responses.
- Module access logging by specific user.
- Scheduled sync logging and time to complete.
- Inbound data updates originating from logic hooks.
- Filter logs by event type or search logs by keyword or phrase.
SugarCRM 8.x or greater
Inbound host access for API requests
Outbound network requests for API requests
System Administrator credentials