SMS messaging is an effective means of reaching out to prospects and is an invaluable tool for sales reps.
SMS messaging is a great tool for sales reps to use for reaching prospects. SMS messages are delivered directly to the prospect or customer and can include personalized messages. SMS messages create a more personal connection with customers compared to email and other marketing tactics. Not only is it an easy way to reach a customer, but it also offers high engagement and conversation rates. Furthermore, SMS messages are timely and efficient. By taking advantage of SMS messaging, sales reps can build relationships with their prospects more quickly, and increase the chances of making a sale.
- Leadfwd Plan (Solo or higher) with SMS Support
- Twilio Account with at least one (1) SMS enabled phone number
- Administrative Access to both platform to perform the initial setup
- To be eligible to receive a text message, a Contact must have a mobile phone number saved in a custom data field in Leadfwd
What can Leadfwd do with SMS?
- Send text messages (SMS) to contacts in Sequences
- Send text messages (SMS) to contacts using Automation Workflow
- Detect replies from contacts and end Sequences automatically
- View and respond to SMS messages using Unified Inbox
- Personalize text messages with custom data field properties
- Supports multiple sending phone numbers and user access controls to specific phone numbers
- Locate Account SID and Token in Twilio
- Add Account SID + Token to Leadfwd
- Save Reply Detection Webhook URL in Twilio
Account SID and Token
Your Account SID and Token are utilized to grant access to Twilio's REST API, which Leadfwd users to send and receive data with Twilio.
- Navigate to https://console.twilio.com/us1/account/keys-credentials/api-keys
- Below the headline Live Credentials you will see your Account SID (shown below)
- Your Token is hidden ***** and can be revealed by clicking the view icon on the left
Add Account SID + Token to Leadfwd
Once you have located your Account SID and Token, keep the Twilio view open and switch tabs in your browser and proceed to login to your Leadfwd account.
Navigate to Settings / Integrations / Twilio
Add Account SID and Token to Integration Settings and Click Connect
On success, a unique Twilio Webhook URL is generated and displayed
Add Message Reply Webhook URL to Twilio Phone Number Configuration
The final step in the setup process is to add/save the Webhook URL that is now displayed in Settings / Integrations / Twilio for your account. The webhook enables Twilio to automatically trigger and send incoming SMS replies to your Twilio phone number directly to Leadfwd. At which point we process and attribute those replies to your contacts.
1. From the Twilio Console, navigate to Phone Numbers / Active numbers
2. From the Active numbers table view, click the phone number listed in the first column of the table to view the configuration options for that specific phone number. Select a phone number that you're going to be using with your Leadfwd account. This process will need to be repeated for each phone number you intend to send text messages with using Leadfwd <> Twilio.
3. From the Configuration options, scroll down to Messaging configuration and select Configure with Webhook,....
4. A message comes in... Select Webhook
5. Paste the account Twilio Webhook URL that was provided in Settings / Integrations / Twilio in your Leadfwd account and ensure that HTTP POST is selected in the adjacent pick list field.
Click Save Configuration
This process will need to be repeated for each phone number you intend to send text messages with using Leadfwd <> Twilio.