Place your LeadFWD Tracking Pixel
Step 1. Copy your tracking code source
Your tracking code was provided immediately after you signed up for your LeadFwd account and it looks like this:
Step 2. Add the tracking code to your web site
The tracking code needs to be pasted on every page of your web site above the closing </body> tag. This can generally be accomplished by including our tracking code in an 'include' file for your web site that is automatically loaded on every page (like the footer).
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Appearance > Editor.
- In the list of theme files on the right side of the editor, select Footer.
- Paste in the LeadFWD tracking code and select Update File.
- Log in to your Shopify admin dashboard.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Online Store > Themes.
- Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Edit code.
- Select the theme.liquid file for your theme.
- Paste your LeadFWD tracking code just before the </body> tag in this file.
- In the upper right, click Save.
- Log in to your Drupal admin dashboard.
- In the main navigation menu, navigate to Structure.
- Click Blocks.
- Click + Add Block. Enter the fields for your new block.
- Paste the tracking code in the Block body field, and then click Save block.
- Navigate to your Site Manager.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Tracking and Analytics.
- Click Custom or Add new tool > Custom.
- Paste the LeadFWD tracking code in the Paste code snippet here field.
- Set the Name of the new tool to LeadFWD Tracking Code.
- Under Add Code to Pages click the radio button for All pages and use the dropdown menu to select Load code on each new page.
- Under Place Code in section, click the radio button for the Body - end option.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Log in to your Squarespace account.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Settings.
- In the Website section of the menu, navigate to Advanced, then select Code Injection.
- Paste the tracking code into the Footer field.
- In the upper left, click Save.
Google Tag Manager Setup
In a new browser tab or window, log in to your Google Tag Manager account.
- Select your container.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Tags.
- Click New.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- For the Tag type, choose Custom HTML Tag.
- Then, give your tag a name.
- Paste the tracking code in the HTML field.
- Below Tag Configuration, click Triggering to set up a firing rule.
- If you don't set up a firing rule, the tag will not fire and LeadFWD will not collect data. For the tag to fire on all pages with the Google Tag Manager code installed (recommended), select the option for All Pages.
- Click Save to save your new tag.
- In the upper right, click Publish to save your container and tags.